We are excited to let everyone know that we will be resuming Adopt-A-Highway cleanups starting the week of October 11th to coincide with the 31st Anniversary of the program. In March we had to temporarily suspend cleanups due to COVID-19 and we are going to proceed with cleanups moving forward with some procedural changes. They are as follows:
- All current Adopt-A-Highway volunteers must submit a brand-new liability waiver (please see attachment) prior to participation. This waiver must be submitted to me electronically via email prior to participation in a cleanup.
- All volunteers must be wearing a face mask while working along state-owned right-of-way and where social distance cannot be obtained.
- All volunteers will be given their own safety vest to keep. TDOT will be supplying these vests and you can obtain them from your District Coordinator.
- No more than 10 volunteers are allowed to participate in an Adopt-A-Highway cleanup at this time.
- You must contact your District Coordinator to schedule your cleanup at least a week in advance in order for them to have enough time to make the necessary arrangements for pick-up.
Prior to participation, all volunteers must watch our 5-minute safety video, found here, and have submitted their liability waiver to Britany Morris at Brittany.R.Morris@tn.gov. All cleanups must also be reported using our online form, found here, in order to stay in active status. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Brittany Morris | Adopt-A-Highway Statewide Coordinator
Highway Beautification Office
James K. Polk Building, 4th Floor
505 Deaderick St.
Nashville, TN 37243