CITYWIDE HOUSEHOLD TRASH PICKUP BEGINS OCTOBER 2, 2023
Published: August 25, 2023
The citywide household trash pickup program will begin Monday, October 2, 2023. Household rubbish, old appliances, and minor remodeling materials will be picked up. City collection efforts will follow the accompanying schedule as closely as possible.
Residents have always been very cooperative, and we ask for their continued cooperation this year by following a few guidelines:
- Residents should place all materials near, but not beyond the curb. Keep materials off sidewalks and out of parking areas and gutters. Please bag as many items as possiTTble to prevent items from being scattered in prohibited areas.
- There is a limit of one truckload of material per residence. A truckload is defined as one pickup truck or approximately 3' high x 4' wide x 8' long, approximately 100 cubic feet maximum.
- Please be advised that Chestnut Ridge Landfill will NOT accept any item that has or had Freon in it, such as air conditioners, freezers and refrigerators. Crews will NOT pick up hazardous items, paint, tires, concrete or piles of rubbish that are mixed with brush or leaves.
- The next household hazardous waste collection, organized by the Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation (TDEC), is set for Saturday, October 7, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Oak Ridge Central Services Complex at 100 Woodbury Lane.
- All materials must be in place no later than 7:30 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day. Any materials put out after 7:30 a.m. may not be picked up.
The Fall leaf collection is scheduled to begin on November 20, 2023. A new schedule will be provided in advance of the start date. Bagged leaves/yard clippings will be picked up during the next collection. It should be noted that bagged yard waste will also be picked up with the regularly scheduled refuse collection throughout the year.
Residents can now sign up for pickup email reminders. The schedules for household trash, leaf, and brush pickups will be emailed upon publication and weekly as crews may get ahead or behind schedule. To sign up, click here.
For more information, please contact Waste Connections of Tennessee at (865) 482-3656.